What To Pack For Camp-Kids & Coaches
What should you pack for Summer Camp? Maybe some of the things I will list may be obvious to you and some may not. Either way, let this be a check list for you.
- Blue Tooth Speaker: For Coaches. Kids love to listen to music while they play. Most of my campers/students are trained to start and stop to music instead of a whistle.
- Sun block: For Kids & Coaches- Even if you put Sun block on before camp, you never know if your going to sweat some of it off, go in a Hose,sprinkler, pool etc…
- Extra sneakers & Socks: For Kids & Coaches-If it rained the night before or the morning dew is strong, you don’t want to walk around in wet sneakers/socks all day. I’ve done it after setting up in the morning and it’s not fun.
- Snacks: For kids: Even if your child brought lunch or is going to purchase lunch, it can’t hurt to have a snack with them. Since my campers take water breaks after every game, they will have plenty of opportunity.
- Drawstring Bag: For kids: Plenty of over the shoulder bags available for kids. Good for their lunch, extra sneaker & socks. They may win a prize during the day and need a place to store the reward. If they receive paper work like the tip sheets that I give, it will make it home instead of the lunch or gym floor.
- Extra Outfit: For kids- Can’t hurt to have an extra outfit/underwear. Depending on the age of the child, you never know if they may have an accident or simply need dry clothes.
- Cleats: For kids-If the camp has soccer,football, lacrosse etc… It can’t hurt to have cleats with your child for out door activities and sneakers for indoor.
- Phone/Phone charger: For kids & coaches-Depending on the age of the kid and as a coach you would not want to be without a phone, if you need to contact a parent. I have an office phone, but all the parents of my campers have my cell phone if they need to contact me. Tip: There’s nothing wrong with putting your cell phone # on your registration form. I make it clear to the parents that they can call, text and email anytime.
- Hat & Sunglasses:Coaches only- Yes kids could bring these items, but it’s just one more thing to lose or fall during an activity. Also, I wouldn’t allow sunglasses during a game, unless their sports goggles.
- Clip board: For Coaches.
- Whistle: For Coaches-Without a whistle, control of the campers just got a little more difficult. You don’t want to be obnoxious with it, but use when needed.
- Rolling Back pack with Cooler: If you want to go a little more extreme and make sure your child is overly prepared and easy transportation, the rolling back pack is the way to go. Plenty of compartments and a cooler inside.
- Walkie-Talkie: For Coaches: You’re going to want to have a rechargeable walkie talkie with you at all times. It helps to make the camp more efficient.
I hope you found this check list helpful. I didn’t want to make it too long. Please feel free to leave a comment or question below.