SOCIAL DISTANCE GAMES & PE AT HOME
SOCIAL DISTANCE GAMES
ROCK PAPER SCISSOR (SOCIAL DISTANCE GAME)
EQUIPMENT: 20+ hula hoops & 2 Large Cones & 10-20 poly spots
- Place 1 cone on each base line of the basketball court.
- Each player waiting in line should stand on a poly spot set 6ft apart.
- First player on each team should stand at the designated cone placed on the base line.
- Randomly spread out hula hoops between both baselines.
- TIP: Make sure the hoop nearest each team is at least 10ft from the cone of the first person in line.
- On the signal from the teacher, the first person in each line will follow the pattern of hoops until they meet a player from the other team.
- Make sure each player leaves one hula hoop between them and their opponent to safely social distance.
- Once the two players meet, they’ll perform rock paper scissor.
- The losing player will go to the end of the their line back on a poly spot and the their next teammate will begin running thru the pattern of hoops.
- The winning player will continue you thru the pattern of hoops until they meet the next player. Rock paper scissor will be performed again.
- When a player reaches the last hula hoop, they receive a point for their team.
- When a point is scored, that player will go to the end of their line and their next teammate will go thru the course.
CLICK HERE FOR SOME AWESOME VIRTUAL FITNESS
DRAG RACE (PE AT HOME)
EQUIPMENT: 1 Towel & 2 cones (or anything that will work for a cone)
- Set up two cones for your distance. (All races may be performed with a towel)
- First race you’ll need two players. Using the upper body only, each player must race around the far cone and back.
- Player that reaches the far cone first, gets the right to the inside lane of the track.
- Using the upper body only, go cone to cone.
- Inchworm variation: Same as above, must you must race with an inchworm movement instead of dragging your legs.
- Crabwalk variation: with or without a towel.
- Backstroke variation: Don’t use socks, to gain traction.
MEMORY GAME (SOCIAL DISTANCE)
EQUIPMENT: 6 mixed colored cones, 6 white cones, 1 mat (or barrier) for each group.
- Place 6 mixed colored cones behind a barrier.
- One player from the same team, will be the side of the barrier, so they’ll be able to see both sides. This player will hold 6 white cones in the hand.
- NOTE: This game can be played with teams or just two players.
- One player at a time will run from the designated start line to the barrier. They will lay down their cones, guessing the pattern.
- The player with the white cones, will put a white cone on each cone that was correct.
- After each attempt the player or team, must perform an exercise before the next player in line may go.
- First team to finish wins. If you’re playing with a partner, they competition can be timed to see who was fasters solving the pattern.