SOCIAL DISTANCE GAMES & PE AT HOME
SOCIAL DISTANCE GAMES
ROCK PAPER SCISSOR (SOCIAL DISTANCE GAME)
EQUIPMENT: 20+ hula hoops & 2 Large Cones & 10-20 poly spots
- Place 1 cone on each base line of the basketball court.
- Each player waiting in line should stand on a poly spot set 6ft apart.
- First player on each team should stand at the designated cone placed on the base line.
- Randomly spread out hula hoops between both baselines.
- TIP: Make sure the hoop nearest each team is at least 10ft from the cone of the first person in line.
- On the signal from the teacher, the first person in each line will follow the pattern of hoops until they meet a player from the other team.
- Make sure each player leaves one hula hoop between them and their opponent to safely social distance.
- Once the two players meet, they’ll perform rock paper scissor.
- The losing player will go to the end of the their line back on a poly spot and the their next teammate will begin running thru the pattern of hoops.
- The winning player will continue you thru the pattern of hoops until they meet the next player. Rock paper scissor will be performed again.
- When a player reaches the last hula hoop, they receive a point for their team.
- When a point is scored, that player will go to the end of their line and their next teammate will go thru the course.
DRAG RACE (PE AT HOME)
EQUIPMENT: 1 Towel & 2 cones (or anything that will work for a cone)
- Set up two cones for your distance. (All races may be performed with a towel)
- First race you’ll need two players. Using the upper body only, each player must race around the far cone and back.
- Player that reaches the far cone first, gets the right to the inside lane of the track.
- Using the upper body only, go cone to cone.
- Inchworm variation: Same as above, must you must race with an inchworm movement instead of dragging your legs.
- Crabwalk variation: with or without a towel.
- Backstroke variation: Don’t use socks, to gain traction.
MEMORY GAME (SOCIAL DISTANCE)
EQUIPMENT: 6 mixed colored cones, 6 white cones, 1 mat (or barrier) for each group.
- Place 6 mixed colored cones behind a barrier.
- One player from the same team, will be the side of the barrier, so they’ll be able to see both sides. This player will hold 6 white cones in the hand.
- NOTE: This game can be played with teams or just two players.
- One player at a time will run from the designated start line to the barrier. They will lay down their cones, guessing the pattern.
- The player with the white cones, will put a white cone on each cone that was correct.
- After each attempt the player or team, must perform an exercise before the next player in line may go.
- First team to finish wins. If you’re playing with a partner, they competition can be timed to see who was fasters solving the pattern.