Bring Fortnite Games to life in your Summer Camp, Physical Education Class or Birthday Party.
Fortnite Dodge Ball
Equipment: Dodge Balls, Barriers and Pinnies or Wrist Bands.
- DUOS VERSION: Break up the class into team’s of 2.
- Place all of your dodge balls in the center of your gym.
- All Duo’s must find an open space in the gym outside of a the designated area of dodge balls.
- When a player has a ball in their hand, they may only take 3 steps.
- Players are allowed to dribble a ball with their feet as much as they prefer and then pick the ball up when needed and use their 3 steps.
- At NO time can players bounce the ball like a basketball or run and drop it over and over to avoid 3 steps while holding it.
- If a player is out, they must sit in the designated are of your choice.
- When a ball is caught, the thrower is out and the player that caught the ball may bring their partner back into the game, if they’re out.
- Last team standing win’s the game.
- Players are out with your choice of dodge ball rules. CLICK HERE if you would like to see 28 different versions of dodge ball including my rules of choice.
- OPTION: Add barrier’s throughout the gym, that players can use for protection. Anything will do, such as ball carts, mats, etc…
- NOTE: Players will learn to form alliances. This is up to you, if you want to allow it. Eventually they will have to betray each other to win the game.
- SQUADS VERSION: Break your class into groups of 4-6 players.
- Place all your dodge balls in the center of your gym.
- All Squads must begin outside of your basketball court or designated area.
- All the above Duo rules apply to squads.
- NOTE: Pinnies are optional. The kids will know who their teammates are.
- VARIATION: When a player is a hit by a squad, they must join that squad.
- You must use pinnies when you play the variation that players hit, must join the squad that hit them.
- When a player is hit, they must put on the correct color pinnie of the team that hit them.
- Players that are putting on a pinnie, can NOT be hit until 5 seconds after they put on the pinnie. This will give them time to join their new team.
- 50 V 50 VERSION: In this version you can divide your camp or class into two or 3 teams.
- Each team will have their own Fort. OPTION: Give the 5 minutes to build their own fort with supplies you provide.
- Supplies: Mats, ball carts,tarps, etc….
- In this version players are allowed unlimited steps when holding a ball.
- OPTION: When players are hit, they must join the the team that struck them. Pinnies may be stored in their fort, so a newly joined player can put on the pinnie in safety.
- Each team will start with a certain amount of dodge balls. Other dodge balls may be spread throughout the gym.
- Even though each team will have their own fort, you may place other barriers throughout the gym, that either team may use.
- TIP: If you feel the some of your classes are hiding in their fort too long, you can use a designated word which will force all team’s out of their fort for a certain length of time.
I hope you enjoyed these games. Please feel free to leave a comment or question below.
Please follow and like us: